10 April 2012

Paris: Maoz

My second day in Paris I spent alone, having a Me Party.  As Captain Adventure sped off on a super-secret mission into uncharted space (LOL), I skipped around the city with an irrepressible smile on my face and Camille Saint-Saens' Sympony No. 3 playing in my head. I saw Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower, the UN, l'Arc de Triomphe, l'Avenue des Champs-Elysses, les Tuileries, le Louvre (Richelieu AND Denon wings, thank you very much), et la Bastille.

But wait!  How did I get all that energy, you ask?  I'll tell you.

36 Rue Saint-André des Arts
75006 Paris, France
+33 1 43 26 36 00









I couldn't order fast enough.  The attendant behind the counter spoke fantastic English and told me exactly what did and didn't have dairy.  All the creamy-lookin' sauces are full of mayo... except the tahini sauce.  That's vegan.  Thank science.







For €4,90 ($6.41) I got this ridiculously enormous pita sandwich, which came with lettuce and five or six freshly-made falafel - and which I could load up at the salad bar as much and as often as I wanted.  I put just a few of the many vegan ingredients in: tabouleh, tahini sauce, carrots, and a spicy tomato-based sauce.  Everthing was very high-quality, especially the falafel: warm, crispy, spicy, and fully of cumin.  The sauces added lovely flavors.  I ate the whole thing.

Because Matt - oh, sorry - Captain Adventure took his camera AND fancy phone on his super secret mission, I snapped the above photos with my old-school flip phone on the left.  Look how the blue paint is rustically chipping off.  To soothe your eyeballs, which are burning from the phone pics, here is the view out our train window right now.  Meet western Austria.



There.  Your eyeballs are better.

No comments:

Post a Comment